Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, sage fried chicken and waffles. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
best fried chicken, best waffles, best fried chicken and waffles, best breakfast food, best breakfast,best waffle syrup, best brunch, best sage fried Bobby Flay Makes Buttermilk Fried Chicken and Waffles To make Sage Fried Chicken: Dip and coat chicken breast in egg then cornflake mixture. To make Bacon Waffles: Preheat waffle iron and coat well with nonstick spray.
Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have sage fried chicken and waffles using 36 ingredients and 39 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles:
- Make ready Sage Fried Chicken
- Prepare oil for deep frying
- Take 1 1/4 cup flour
- Get 1 cup corn starch
- Take 1/2 cup lightly crushed cornflakes
- Take 6 eggs (beaten for an egg wash)
- Make ready 1 tbsp season all or old bay seasoning
- Make ready 1 tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped (I used dry sage)
- Get 8 bone-in, skinless chicken breasts. (if you prefer use boneless)
- Prepare Waffles
- Prepare 5 cup flour
- Prepare 1/4 cup Sugar
- Take 3 eggs
- Make ready 2 cup buttermilk
- Make ready 2 cup milk
- Get 1/2 cup melted butter
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- Get 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Take 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Prepare 16 pieces hardwood smoked bacon cooked. ( I didn't have hardwood smoked bacon so I used smoked pancetta cooked)
- Get Leeks and Onions
- Prepare 6 Spring onions (more or less depending on your preference)
- Make ready 6 leeks (more or less depending on your preference)
- Get oil for deep frying (you can use the oil that will be used for the chicken)
- Make ready BBQ Sauce
- Take 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Take 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- Make ready 3/4 tbsp finely chopped garlic /or paste
- Get 3/4 tbsp sriracha sauce
- Prepare 1 tsp corn starch to thicken (Add more or less depending on your desired consistency)
- Make ready 1 tbsp cold water
- Make ready Plate Creating Time
- Get 1 cup finely chopped red or yellow bell Peppers/ or a mixture of both.
- Make ready 1 cup Warm maple syrup (more or less depending on preferences)
- Prepare 8 skewers
- Take 1 sprig Rosemary (optional as its only to garnish)
Fried chicken and waffles is the ultimate savory dish with a twist—spicy fried buttermilk chicken. Now, my chicken and waffles aren't colossal spicy, it certainly has a little kick, but it's beautifully balanced out by the sweet Belgian waffle and maple syrup. Chicken and waffles is an American dish combining chicken with waffles. It is part of a variety of culinary traditions, including soul food and Pennsylvania Dutch cuisine, and is served in certain specialty restaurants in the United States.
Steps to make Sage Fried Chicken And Waffles:
- chicken cooking process*
- Place each individual piece of chicken in a zip lock bag and lightly pound to flatten the thicker sides of the chicken so that each piece is evenly thick. (This method is better with boneless pieces)
- I part cooked the chicken by bringing it to the boil with a pinch of seasoned salt for about 10-12 minutes. Then let it cool down before coating in the batter.
- Mix the corn starch, flour, cornflakes, sage and season all and place in a shallow bowl.
- Place the egg wash in another shallow bowl.
- Heat the oil to 360°F.
- Dip and coat evenly the chicken pieces in the egg wash then in the flour mixture.
- Deep fry the chicken for 6-7 minutes (boneless), 9-10 minutes (bone-in) or until is has cooked through.
- Once cooked drain on kitchen roll to remove excess fat.
- waffle cooking process*
- While the chicken is frying move onto the waffles. Preheat the waffle iron.
- If you don't have buttermilk you can make your own as I did. For every 1 cup of milk add 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar or lemon juice then let it rest for at least 5 minutes before adding to the mixture.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- In another bowl mix the wet ingredients making sure to break up the eggs and mix them in.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until theres only a few lumps left (Add a bit more water or milk if the mixture is a tad too thick).
- Spray the waffle iron with oil.
- Spoon the waffle mixture onto the hot iron making sure the batter fills all corners of the waffle iron.
- Lay 2-4 pieces of bacon diagonally across each waffle batch.
- Close the waffle iron and cook until golden and cripsy.
- Cut the waffles apart once cooked.
- fried onion and leeks*
- The recipe stated to fry these before the chicken. Personally I don't think it matters as they take so little time to cook.
- Cut the onion and leeks very thinly into strips.
- Fry in a deep fat fryer until golden and crispy.
- Once its done drain on kitchen roll.
- bbq sauce*
- In a small saucepan mix all the ingredients (minus the cornstarch and water) and bring to the boil then reduce the heat to simmer.
- Mix the water and cornstarch together to make a slurry mixture. Then mix it into the bbq sauce.
- Simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until it thickens up a little bit more.
- bring it all together*
- On a plate layer 2 bacon waffles then top with a chicken piece.
- Secure the waffles and chicken with a skewer.
- Next add a handful of the fried leeks and Onions on top of your stack.
- Dribble a little of the bbq sauce on the stack and on the plate.
- Skewer your stack with the rosemary and a steak knife (optional).
- Garnish with a handful of chopped peppers.
- Warm the maple syrup either in the microwave on 30 second intervals or on the stove in a small saucepan. Do not let it boil.
- Lastly, serve with maple syrup on the side of the plate (put in a small side bowl). Don't drizzle yourself, let each individual do it themselves.
- Once your happy with your designer dish serve up.
If you like buttermilk fried chicken tenders and cornmeal waffles, then Southern-Style Chicken and Waffles are for you! If you don't want to fry a whole chicken, this easy chicken and waffles recipe is the answer with pan fried chicken tenders and crisp, tender buttermilk waffles from scratch. Making fried chicken and waffles at the same time is quite a feat, but this soul food classic is worth the effort. Add chicken and cover bowl with plastic wrap. Ever wonder what to do with all the sourdough discard leftover from feeding your starter?
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food sage fried chicken and waffles recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!